Sunday, September 16, 2007

Cougs Really Do Bleed Crimson

Not far from my seat at the Cougar victory over University of Idaho on Saturday, a police officer began to walk up the stairs towards me. As countless numbers of flasks and bottles were being stuffed in coats and down the crotches of pants, he stopped to my right and motioned for a fan to come out of the stands who was standing across the aisle from me. Naturally I thought this young man wasn't able to dispose of his alcohol discretely enough, but in actuality he was bleeding... from his thumb. I was obviously curious so I kept my ears open the best I could and tried to listen to the conversation between the officer and the young man. Apparently, the fan got into a verbal altercation and somehow his thumb ended up in someone's mouth. The rogue biter subsequently tried to crowd surf down the stands to make his escape, but was intercepted by police at the bottom. The questioning between the officer and the victim went something like this:

Officer: Do you know why he bit you?
Victim: I have no idea... he was probably a Huskie.

Laughter then ensued.
The digitally challenged Coug then left with the police officer to give a formal statement. He later returned to the stands to enjoy the rest of the game. Now that's Cougar football.

No comments: